Tools Used |
Maya, Visual Studio
Team Size |
I joined thatgamecompany to work on Journey during early prototyping and I remained on the team until we shipped the game. It was my job to design and implement gameplay mechanics that supported the goal of building a positive relationship between two randomly-matched online players.
I had a hand in the following components of the game. Note that all aspects of the game require the collaboration and efforts of the entire team so I cannot claim whole responsibility over any particular item.
- Player running, jumping, flying movement & controls
- Joystick and Sixaxis camera movement & controls
- Energy & resource pickup gameplay design & implementation.
- Multiplayer mechanics design and implementation for movement, energy, camera
- AI design and implantation for creatures you discover in the world
- Layout design and implantation for dynamic level sequences